Tuesday, April 3, 2012

What Happens in Vegas, Stays in Vegas

excerpt from Joke Grenade: the play

Husband in DC: [cellphone rings] Hello?

Wife in Vegas: Hey, How's it going?

Husband in DC: Going great, baby.  The meeting was fine.  Should wrap things up by tomorrow morning and I'll be home for dinner.

Wife in Vegas: Excellent.  That will make the kids happy.

Husband in DC: How was work today?

Wife in Vegas: You know.

Husband in DC: Actually, I'm curious. How did it go today?

Wife in Vegas: Easy, hon.  Let's just keep it light.

Husband in DC: How did Jason do at little league practice?

Wife in Vegas: Whoah... calm down, twenty questions.

Husband in DC: Darling, that whole "what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas" thing is for the out-of-towners.

Wife in Vegas: And who's out-of-town now?

Husband in DC: Dammit, did you get your hair done yesterday? Did you keep the appointment?

Wife in Vegas: No comment.

Husband in DC: Baby, come on!  What's for dinner when I get home tomorrow?

Wife in Vegas: What are you, a fucking cop?

Husband in DC: Sheesh! I give up.  I'll text you from the road.  Are you going to pick me up at the airport?

Wife in Vegas: [mockingly] Are you going to pick me up at the airport?  I'm a douche-bag cop! Blah. Blah.


Husband in DC: Shit, talk to you tomorrow there, Deep Throat.

Wife in Vegas: Whatever. [click]

  End Scene

No comments:

Post a Comment