Monday, April 2, 2012

Arguments FOR .mp4

by Fred Castleton
It annoys me that I even have to type this out.  MP4 is the wave of the future.  YouTube, while accepting multiple video formats, plays out MP4.  It is accepted in new browsers across the boards.  If you take the time to do things correctly, you can move the metadata to the beginning of the video file.  This is actually faster than saving 5 or 6 versions of the same video to play in multiple browsers.  Here are my main reasons FOR:
1. Again, this is the direction things are going.  Look at YouTube.
2. It is accepted across the boards.  Not a lot of things are nowadays.
3. Its growing popularity is encouraging for a burgeoning website.
4. MP4 saved my family from a burning building! I owe MP4 a debt of gratitude.

Check out MP4 saving my entire family!

No comments:

Post a Comment